Sunday, March 6, 2016

Healthy Chicken Quesadillas

Healthy Chicken Quesadillas

There's this pizza shop around my way and I am always getting this chicken quesadilla! I swear I'm addicted and it's ashame. I'm not actually supposed to eat that type of food. I mean, it has a ton of grease, I'm not sure where the chicken came and it's a huge health risk. They're so delicious but let's be real: they're a terrible craving and a guilty pleasure of mine lol! I decided to stop eating chicken quesadillas from the pizza shop around my way and make my own instead. I used processed chicken which still sucks, but it's the healthiest processed chicken ever. I love it! And it keeps you from washing, cooking and cutting up chicken which is a plus:p I also made another one using sriracha chicken also by Archer Farms. Feel free to leave a comment, question, opinion, whatever! Your views mean a lot to me:)

My recipe 

  1. Archer Farms natural shredded chicken (fully cooked, minimally processed, no artificial ingredients)
  2. Pepper stir fry of your choice
  3. Tortillas of your choice
  4. Shredded Kraft Mexican cheese (2% milk)
  5. Salt, onion powder and olive oil
First preheat oven to 350 degrees. Next put about 2 1/2 tbsp of olive oil in a sautée pan over high heat. Put the pepper stir fry in the sautée pan and lightly coat the peppers with salt and onion powder. Sautée the pepper stir fry. The peppers should be nice and soft. Next, use olive oil to lightly coat the side of the tortilla that the chicken will be placed on. Place shredded chicken onto tortilla, then peppers, cheese and fold the tortilla in half, making it into a quesadilla. Cook in oven until the cheese chicken and peppers melt together and are hot. Approximately 12min




.



No comments:

Post a Comment